Year II, Publication no.1, September 2014.
"Contemporary dilemmas: Education, Politics and Values" is pleased to present to its readers and collaborators edition: Year II, publication no.1, September 2014. This e-journal is inserted in the national and international context with articles, that deal with academic and research activities of professionals, who develop their daily activities in the working areas of this journal. Thanks a lot for your preference.
1. The digital journalist in Ecuador. Reflections from the academy. Authors: Dr. María Isabel Punín Larrea, Dr. Diana Rivera Rogel, Dr. Isidro Marín Gutiérrez. Abstract: This article analyzes the digital journalist formation in Ecuador, and draws on two strategic sectors: academia and Ecuadorian Newspaper Company. The digital media landscape grows slowly in Ecuador, which is essential for a diagnosis of the professional demands of the company, identified in this research through an open interview. It comparatively studies the curricula of major educational offerings which follow a series of training initiatives for efficient digital journalist. It concludes with recommendations to improve journalistic training; one of the nearest exits is greater involvement of the academy with the company in general. Key words: Journalism, academia, college, digital journalist, learning. ECUADOR.
2. The formation of professional competencies in universities: Theoretical-methodological decisions and challenges in the implementations of a model. Author: Dr. María Margarita Alonso Alonso. Abstract: In recent decades, the Competency-Based Learning Model has been predominant in the educational policies of different countries. However, the approach has been implemented in different educational levels without a research basis to support the different elements of its conceptualization and implementation. Several authors and institutions have assumed the complex task of basing the model on certain theoretical sources that allow the conceptual enrichment of the proposal from both, pedagogical conceptions and other educational disciplines, aiming at its completion and integration. This paper analyzes a set of theoretical and institutional decisions, as well as the challenges involving the construction and implementation of the Model of Professional Competence in Higher Education institutions. Key words: Professional Competence, Competency-Based Learning. MEXICO.
3. The meanings that teachers build about tutoring: A Higher Secondary Education case study. Author: Dr. Haydee Martínez Valencia. Abstract: The study of meanings that teachers build about tutoring, a case study in Higher Secondary Education is based on Phenomenology, a qualitative methodological approach, which design was a unique, inclusive and descriptive case study. The case study was held in the Official Preparatory School no.165 in the 2012-2013 school year, and the results obtained allowed to interpret the diversity of meanings that the tutors have built, concluding that teachers do not have the required preparation to implement the Tutoring program provided on the National System of Higher Secondary Education (SNB sp.), so tutoring practices have not achieved the expected goals. Key words: Meanings, tutoring program, teaching practice, Higher Secondary Education. MEXICO.
4. The socioeconomic dimension as a determining factor in the Chilean educational system and the formation of the teaching profession. A critical look at. Authors: Master. Rodrigo Ojeda Nahuelcura, Master. Bastian Carter-Thuillier, Master. Mauricio Cresp Barría, Jandiel Rojas Vergara. Abstract: This paper analyzes from a critical perspective the relationship between the socioeconomic factors and the educational system at different levels, including Higher Education, with special focus in the teacher development. The text is organized in three sections. First, a problematized contextualization with various empirical-theoretical backgrounds. Second, the central segment of the article describes and analyzes the implications of the economic system on the educational structure, emphasizing on how economic gaps have also become pedagogical problems, positioning them as determinants of the educational quality and the teacher career. Finally, a section refers to the remaining challenges of the educational system, facing the social and pedagogical inequalities expressed throughout the article. Key words: Educational system, socioeconomic factors, critical analysis. CHILE.
5. The transmission of history in High School: an anthropological study about the construction of the national identity. Authors: Master. María Noel Mera, Dr. Juan Jesús Velasco Orozco. Abstract: This article shows the results of an anthropological research, which objective is to understand, through a study case during a whole school year in a high school of Metepec municipality in the State of Mexico, the positions about the national identity that are promoted through the transmission of history in secondary level of education. The analysis starts contrasting the speech of the State representatives, the theoretical category of identity, the context, and the scholar routines in the classroom inside and outside. Key words: Education, History, Identity. ARGENTINA, MEXICO.
6. Emotional Competences in students of Social Sciences and Humanities of the Benemerita Autonomous University of Puebla. Author: Master. Rocío Fragoso Luzuriaga. Abstract: This paper presents partial results of a research about Emotional Competences in Higher Education students belonging to Social Sciences and Humanities areas at the Benemerita Autonomous University of Puebla (BUAP sp.). The data obtained for the elaboration of this article correspond to the quantitative part of the study. The problem statement, the research question, the general objective and the related individual ones, the type of study, the adaptation and obtaining of the validity and reliability of the Questionnaire of Emotional Development, which was a tool used for this project in a Mexican population, as well as the preliminary findings in a sample of 255 students are presented in the article. Key words: Emotional competences, Higher Education, Mexico. MEXICO.
7. The elaboration of projects as a metacognitive tool in the learning of the subject Chemistry II. Author: Master. María Judith Rodríguez Sui Qui. Abstract: The teaching-learning process of the subject Chemistry requires constant strategies and motivational tools that arouse interest, stimulate creativity, and develop cognitive judgments for promoting the competencies proposed by the Comprehensive Reform of the Higher Secondary Education, 2008 (RIEMS sp.). The study presented emphasizes on the importance of laboratory activities to deepen and make the interconnections of knowledge and previous experiences. The research was conducted by applying the project development as a tool in the deployment of the metacognitive thinking in the understanding of the subject Chemistry II, in a group of 42 students of 2nd semester Electronic specialty from the Technological Center for the Industry and Services (C.B.T.I.S. sp.) No. 230, La Paz city, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Key words: Project, metacognition, Chemistry. MEXICO.
8. The diary of lessons as an academic consolidation tool in the teaching practice of the Bachelor in Primary Education student. Author: Master. Isidro Espinoza Flores Flores. Abstract: This article presents the results of a pedagogical research that addressed its attention to a document called "diary of lessons", an academic consolidation tool in the teaching practice of the Bachelor in Primary Education student. In the article, the working methodology used, the theoretical and practical references, the results of the tool used, as well as basic and final considerations, among other aspects, that characterized the research, are described. Key words: Diario de clases, Licenciatura en Educación Primaria. MEXICO.
Dirección: Pino Suárez no 400-2 esquina a Lerdo de Tejada. Colonia: Santa Clara. Toluca. Estado de México. México. CP: 50090.
Teléf.: 0052-7223898479 firstname.lastname@example.org